- 2 cups plain yogurt, low-fat or fat-free
- 1 cup banana
- ½ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup “O” shaped whole grain cereal
1. Slice banana.
2. If using fresh blueberries, wash berries under cool running water.
3. If using fresh strawberries, wash and slice berries into bite size pieces.
4. Spoon about ¼ cup of yogurt into each glass. Add ¼ cup of fruit. Add more yogurt and fruit.
5. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cereal on top of the fruit.
• To save money and get the most nutrients, use fresh berries when in season and frozen during other times of the year
• Mix and match your favorite fruits, try: raspberries, peaches, pineapple and/or mangos
• If you have leftover open bananas, peel, slice, and freeze extras for smoothies.