- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger, or 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup cooked ground chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3⁄4 cup shredded carrot (about 1 to 2 medium carrots)
- 36 wonton wrappers
- Water or egg white (for the edges of the wontons)
Combine spices, cornstarch, and oil in a large bowl.
Add cooked meat and vegetables. Mix well.
Place 1 tablespoon of mixture in the center of each wonton wrapper.
Brush wrapper edges with water or egg white.
Fold wrapper diagonally so corners line up, and press edges together to seal.
Bring the side two corners together over the pouch of filling and pinch to close.
Spray a steamer basket with nonstick spray. Add wontons so they do not touch. Cover and steam over simmering water for 6-7 minutes.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Freeze prior to steaming for later use.
Use crumbled tofu in place of meat for vegetarian wontons.