- 2⁄3 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cooked skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups reduced sodium fat-free chicken broth (see notes)
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, unsalted
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
In a large pot saute onion in sesame oil until translucent; add garlic and chicken and stir to heat through.
Add seasonings and saute 1 minute longer.
Add broth, tomato paste, tomatoes, and peanut butter. Stir until well combined.
Heat over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Serve immediately.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Broth can be canned or made using bouillon. For each cup of broth use 1 cup very hot water and 1 teaspoon or 1 cube bouillon.
For more peanut flavor, add chopped peanuts.
To avoid peanuts or peanut butter, try sunflower seeds or sunflower seed butter.