Veggie Quesadillas with Cilantro Yogurt Dip
- 12 soft corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen/thawed, or canned/drained)
- 1⁄2 cup beans, black or pinto (canned or cooked; drained)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely minced (optional)
- CILANTRO YOGURT DIP
- 2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Preheat large skillet over low heat (250 degrees in an electric skillet). Divide cheese, corn, beans, cilantro, shredded carrots and peppers between the tortillas, covering about half of each tortilla. Fold each tortilla in half over the filling.
Place one or two folded tortillas on a dry skillet and heat until cheese is melted and tortilla is slightly golden, about 3 minutes.
Turn over and cook other side until golden, about 1 minute.
Remove to a plate and repeat until all tortillas are heated.
Mix together nonfat yogurt, cilantro and salt to make the dip.
Cut each quesadillas intowedges and serve immediately with the dip.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.