Corn & Tomato Salad
- 1 3⁄4 cups corn, (fresh cooked, frozen or canned and drained)
- 3 small tomatoes, diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh basil
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Try cilantro instead of basil. Add chopped green or red peppers or zucchini.
Make your own nonfat salad dressing by placing the ingredients below in a jar:
- 5 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons wine or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon each: onion powder, dried basil, and dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon brown or yellow mustard
Cover jar and shake well before adding to salad: