- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked turkey or smoked turkey, diced
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or other dried fruit
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup diced red or yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 red apple, cored and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (cider, red or white)
Mix turkey, nuts, raisins, celery, onions, carrots, parsley and apple in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and vinegar; mix well.
Toss meat mixture with dressing and chill.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Serve cold with lettuce and tomato wedges, or use as sandwich filling.