- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8.75 ounces) pineapple tidbits in 100% juice
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced beets, cooked from fresh or canned/drained
1. In a small saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in pineapple tidbits with juice.2. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring occasionally.3. Add margarine or butter and beets. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve warm or cold.4. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.