- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 can (16 ounce) sweet potatoes (yams), drained
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil muffin tins for 18 muffins.
In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes. Add brown sugar, eggs, orange juice, carrots and vanilla. Mix well.
Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients and mix well.
Fill muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake 15-20 minutes, until tops are brown. Let cool and remove from tins.
Cool completely then store in an air-tight container at room temperature.