- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup non-fat or 1% milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound lean ground beef (15% fat)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3⁄4 cup low-salt beef broth
Put diced potatoes in saucepan; add enough water to barely cover. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until soft (about 15 minutes.).
Drain potatoes and mash. Add milk and cheese; set mixture aside.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Brown meat in a large skillet. Stir in flour, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add vegetables and broth. Cook 5 minutes until bubbly.
Spoon vegetable mixture into 8 inch square baking dish. Spread potato mixture over vegetable/meat mixture.
Bake 25 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.