- 1 cup cooked, diced chicken
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2⁄3 cup canned, drained mandarin oranges
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion (green, red, or yellow)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large whole wheat tortilla
- 4 medium lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry
In medium bowl, mix chicken, celery, oranges, and onions.
Add mayonnaise, soy sauce, garlic, and pepper. Mix gently until chicken mixture is coated.
Lay tortilla on clean cutting board or large plate. With a knife or clean scissors, cut tortilla into four quarters.
Place 1 lettuce leaf on each tortilla quarter, trimming leaf so it doesn’t hang over edge of tortilla.
Place 1/4 of chicken mixture in the middle of each lettuce leaf.
Roll tortillas up into a cone, with the two straight edges coming together and the curved edge creating the opening of the cone. Eat like a sandwich!
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
No oranges? Use halved grapes or diced apples.
Instead of chicken, try using 1 cup cooked/drained garbanzo beans, or 1 cup of small tofu cubes.