- 6 ounces spinach (about 7 cups)
- 3 oranges
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, halved
- 1 cup walnut pieces (toasted if desired)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
Wash and dry spinach, tear into pieces, and chill.
To prepare orange: Cut off peel and membrane of outer part of the sections. Using a paring knife gently cut out sections from membrane edges. You end up with orange sections with no outer membrane.
To make dressing: Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake well or blend in a blender.
Right before serving, toss orange and strawberries with walnuts and spinach. Add dressing to coat salad. Serve immediately.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Freeze extra lemon juice to use later.