- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Add oil, garlic and onion to a large skillet. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until onion becomes clear. If you use garlic powder, add it in step 2.
Add spinach, garbanzo beans, cumin and salt. Cook until heated through, mashing the beans slightly with a spoon. Serve warm.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Serve as a side dish or as a spread with French bread or pita chips.
Add more garlic, if desired. Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.