- 2 cups cooked pasta (try whole wheat shells, bow ties, macaroni or other small shapes)
- 4 cups spinach
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley
- 0 DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
In a large bowl, mix together teriyaki sauce, vinegar, garlic powder, salt, pepper, sugar and vegetable oil.
Add cooked pasta, spinach, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, mandarin oranges and cilantro or parsley, if desired. Mix well. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Try a low fat Asian Salad Dressing from the store to replace the dressing ingredients.