- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mild jalapeño peppers
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce or ketchup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon each salt and pepper
For a smooth dip, place ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. For a chunky dip, mash beans well with a fork or potato masher, stir in remaining ingredients.
Add additional water as needed for desired consistency.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Serve with fresh vegetables or Food Hero Baked Tortilla Chips.Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.