- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic or 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked, diced chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
While pasta is cooking, toast sesame seeds in a 1 quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly and cook until light brown.
Mix together sugar, soy sauce, and vinegar in small bowl. Set aside.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Add garlic and broccoli, and cook on medium until soft.
Add chicken and cook until heated through.
Add drained pasta and soy sauce mixture and mix well. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Substitute diced tofu or a can of drained garbanzo beans for chicken.
No broccoli? Use peas, green beans, or mixed veggies.
Flavor boosters: red chili flakes, sliced green onions, and/or a teaspoon of sesame oil.