- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped (or 2 green onions, chopped including green tops)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lime, squeezed for juice
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, loosely packed
Combine ingredients, except cilantro, in a blender and blend to desired consistency.
Finely chop cilantro and stir into other ingredients.
Serve immediately or refrigerate in airtight container for up to 1 week.
No blender? Make a chunky salsa by cutting all ingredients to desired size before mixing.
Try adding drained canned corn or black beans with cilantro.
Make ahead to allow flavors to blend.
Freeze extra lime juice to use later.