- 1 pound lean ground beef (15% fat)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, or 4 teaspoons dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 pint (2 cups) low-fat cottage cheese
- 2⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Cook ground beef over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet) until it is no longer pink.
Drain fat, add onion, and cook until onion is clear.
Add garlic, 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce, and herbs; spread evenly in skillet.
Reduce heat to low (200 degrees in an electric skillet), spread cottage cheese over mixture, and sprinkle with half of the mozzarella. Top with 4 noodles, breaking remaining 2 to fill in open spaces.
Pour remaining spaghetti sauce evenly over the top of noodles; gently press noodles down to moisten.
Cover and simmer 15 minutes until noodles are tender. Top with remaining cheeses, cover, and simmer 2 more minutes or until cheeses are melted.
Let stand, covered, 5-10 minutes before serving.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.