Personalized Pasta Salad
- 2 cups uncooked pasta, such as macaroni or rotini
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat salad dressing
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, cut in 1" pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced black olives
Measure 6 cups of water into a (4 quart or larger) sauce pan.
Bring water to a boil over high heat and add pasta. Cook until tender (about 8 to 10 minutes), stirring occasionally. Drain. Rinse with cold water to cool quickly; drain well.
Add dressing; toss lightly.
Add meat and vegetables, and toss again.
Chill until ready to serve.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Substitute cooked beef, pork, tuna, salmon, turkey, shrimp, or hard-boiled egg for the chicken.