1 1/2 cups
- SALAD (1.5 cups total per person)
- leafy green vegetables, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, onions, garlic, avocadoes, grated or diced cheese, cooked beans
- 1 teaspoon bottled dressing; or mix together the following:
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 closable plastic bag
- can opener (if using canned food)
- cutting board
- knife (for vegetables)
Wash all fresh foods. Tear or cut any foods that are larger than a quarter.
Place food for salad in plastic bag. Add dressing to bag.
Close opening of bag securely. Shake bag well.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Serve this salad as a side dish, on a burger or over a baked potato.