- 8 ounces pasta (try penne)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic or 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet. Add garlic and cook on low (250 degrees in an electric skillet) until soft.
Add spinach, tomatoes with juice, drained beans, salt, and pepper. Once the mixture bubbles, cook uncovered on low heat for 5 minutes.
Add drained pasta and parmesan to spinach mixture. Toss well and serve.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Substitute cleaned and chopped fresh spinach (about 6 cups).
Try other greens, such as Swiss chard or kale instead of spinach.
Be sure to clean greens well and cook them until soft.
Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.