- 2 cups cooked, cooled brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 3⁄4 cup raisins or other dried fruit
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 green onions, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges with juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
Mix all ingredients together in medium-sized bowl.
Chill for an hour to allow flavors to blend.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Try adding 2/3 cup diced green peppers or other crunchy vegetables.