One Pan Spaghetti
- 1⁄2 pound lean ground beef (15% fat)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (12 ounces) broken spaghetti
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded parmesan cheese
Brown meat and onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Drain fat.
Stir in water, tomato sauce, and spices. Bring to a boil.
Add spaghetti, cover pan, and simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
When spaghetti is tender, top with grated cheese.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Try ground turkey or small cooked shrimp for the meat.
Try whole-wheat pasta to increase fiber.
Use cheddar cheese in place of parmesan.