- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons or more cilantro, chopped
For a smooth dip, place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. OR for a chunky dip, mash beans well with a fork or potato masher then stir in remaining ingredients.
Add additional liquid as needed for desired consistency.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Serve with fresh vegetables or Food Hero Baked Tortilla Chips.
Freeze extra lemon juice to use later.Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.