- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups kale leaves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and kale and season with salt. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool.
Transfer kale to a blender. Add cottage cheese and puree until smooth.
Season with red pepper flakes and lemon juice.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
No blender? Make chunky dip: mash cottage cheese with a fork; chop kale and garlic finely before cooking.
Try adding onion or garlic powder, dill weed or curry powder for a flavor boost.
Can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Serve with fresh vegetables or Food Hero Baked Tortilla Chips.
Freeze extra lemon juice to use later.