Healthy Carrot Cake Cookies
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce or fruit puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (raw)
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely grated carrots (about 3 large carrots)
- 1 cup raisins or golden raisins
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix sugars, oil, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla thoroughly.
In a separate bowl, stir dry ingredients together.
Blend dry ingredients into wet mixture. Stir in raisins and carrots.
Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased baking sheet.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
Store in airtight container.