- 3 cups cauliflower florets, fresh or frozen thawed
- 2 cups broccoli florets, fresh or frozen thawed
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) red kidney beans, drained
- 2 medium carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup large pitted olives, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
2. In a small jar with a tight fitting lid, combine all dressing ingredients and shake well to mix.
3. Pour dressing over vegetables and stir to coat vegetables.
4. Cover; refrigerate 1 to 4 hours to marinate, tossing occasionally.
• For softer texture, use thawed frozen cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots or steam or parboil the vegetables before adding them to the large mixing bowl.