- 8 cups greens (try kale, bok choy, collard, mustard)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut julienne or coarsely shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tamari or soy sauce
Wash greens and remove tough stems (see Notes). Rough chop or cut leaves into thin strips.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet).
Add carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add greens, salt, pepper, coriander and cayenne, if desired. Stir often.
When greens have turned bright green and begun to wilt, remove from heat. Sprinkle vinegar and tamari or soy sauce over the top. Toss gently and serve.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Kale: remove large stem running through center of each leaf.Bok Choy: do not remove stem.