8 minutes MIN
- 3 cups fresh green beans, (trim ends and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 carrots, whole, peeled, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 pound mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper season (salt-free)
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup almond slices
Fill a large pot with 1 inch of water and bring to a boil.
Place green beans and carrots in pot and cover. Cook until tender then drain and set aside.
Heat skillet to medium heat and add oil. Cook onions and mushrooms until almost tender.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer 3 minutes.
Stir in green beans and carrots, lemon pepper seasoning, and garlic powder.
Cover and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. Serve warm.