- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup all purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 4 eggs (or 1 cup egg substitute)
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion with tops
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded vegetables (unpeeled zucchini (drained and pressed), potato, carrots, bell pepper, celery, sweet potato or yam)
In medium bowl, stir together cheese, flour, baking powder, dill weed, salt and pepper.
Beat in eggs, green onions, lemon juice and garlic until well blended. Stir all shredded vegetables into the batter.
Heat skillet or griddle over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). Lightly spray or oil with cooking spray. For each vegetable cake, pour 1/3 cup batter onto hot skillet or griddle. Cook on both sides until golden brown. Serve warm.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Top with low-fat sour cream and tomato slices.
Precook “harder” vegetables like carrots and potatoes, if desired.