Fruit and Nut Slaw
- 5 cups thinly sliced cabbage (about 1 1/2 pounds – try a mix of red and green)
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit (cranberries or raisins work well)
- 1 carrot, washed, peeled and grated
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1⁄4 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts, toasted
Mix cabbage, dried fruit and carrots in a large bowl.
In small bowl, mix vinegar, sugar, oil, salt and pepper.
Pour vinegar mixture over cabbage mixture.
Add apple and nuts just before serving. Mix well.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.