- 1 large broccoli crown, chopped
- 4 whole wheat English muffins
- 1 cup pizza sauce (or tomato sauce), no salt added
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, part skim
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1. If using oven, preheat to 350 degrees F.
2. Put the broccoli in a medium saucepan with water to cover. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Drain the water from saucepan and let broccoli cool.
3. Toast the 8 English muffins halves.
4. Measure out 3 tablespoons shredded carrot into small bowl.
5. Spoon 2 Tablespoons pizza sauce over each English muffin half.
6. Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese on each half.
7. Put 2 Tablespoons broccoli and 1 teaspoon shredded carrots on each half.
8. Sprinkle each half with 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese.
9. Toast in toaster oven for 2 minutes until cheese melts.
• Use leftover veggies from a previous recipe to save time
• Try using frozen chopped broccoli and thaw before adding to pizza
• Swap out English muffins for whole wheat bread or whole wheat pita
• Sauté bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions for additional toppings