- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, washed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 6 cups cooked brown rice
1. Cook brown rice according to package directions.
2. Spray skillet with cooking spray. Add onion and green pepper to skillet. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
3. Add garlic powder, tomatoes, and kidney beans.
4. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes
5. Serve over cooked brown rice.
• Try using fresh garlic instead of garlic powder.
• Put mixture inside a whole wheat tortilla with low-fat cheese and wrap tightly to make burritos, Serve with your favorite salsa