- 1 pound lean ground beef (15% fat)
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked brown or white rice
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat or 1% milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) condensed soup (try tomato, cream of mushroom or other flavors)
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat or 1% milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray or oil a shallow baking dish (9″ x 13″ x 2″) with cooking spray.
Combine beef, rice, milk, egg, onion, carrot, salt and pepper. Use a spoon to form 24 meatballs and place in baking dish.
Combine soup and milk. Mix well. Pour sauce over meatballs.
Cover pan tightly with foil. Bake for 1 hour.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Try using uncooked quick cooking or old fashioned rolled oats instead of rice!