about 5 chicken nuggets
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup barbeque sauce
- 3 cups cereal flakes
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix chicken and barbeque sauce in a large bowl.
Pour cereal flakes into a large plastic bag and crush into small pieces.
Place chicken pieces in the bag, reseal, and toss to coat.
Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange coated chicken pieces on the baking sheet.
Bake until crispy and golden brown and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
For a dipping sauce, mix
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard.
Honey is not recommended for children under 1-year-old.
For a home-made barbeque sauce, mix the following ingredients:
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon each black pepper, salt, oregano, basil, and thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic or 1 pinch of garlic powder