- 1 3⁄4 cups cooked, pureed pumpkin (15 ounce can)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts or hazelnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Mix pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, and oil thoroughly.
Blend dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture.
Add raisins and nuts.
Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
Gently flatten each cookie (use a spoon, bottom of glass, or palm of your hand).
Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.