- 1 carrot, sliced thin or coarsely grated
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh onion
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 3⁄4 cups beets (bite sized pieces), cooked from fresh or canned/drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Cook carrots (if desired) until just tender. Try microwave or steaming.2. In a medium bowl, combine onion, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and cilantro, if desired. Add beets and carrots and stir to coat evenly. Serve warm or cold.3. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.