Baked Bean Medley
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pork and beans
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cut bacon into bite sized pieces and place in skillet. Cook over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet) until evenly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
Drain skillet, reserving 1 teaspoon of drippings. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is tender. Remove from skillet and add to bacon. Discard remaining drippings.
Mix beans with bacon, onion, and garlic. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Transfer to a 9×12 baking dish or 3 quart casserole dish. Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Use any mix of beans you have.Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.No bacon? Use 1 teaspoon cooking oil to saute vegetables.