Almond Rice Pudding
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1 cup white or brown rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- cinnamon to taste
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almonds (optional)
- Combine almond milk and rice in a 2-3 quart saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1/2 hour with the lid on until the rice is soft.
- Add sugar, vanilla, almond extract and cinnamon. Stir and serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Add your favorite berries to the top for some color and a yummy taste!
Add an extra cup of almond milk for a creamier texture.
No almond milk? Use non-fat or 1% milk and 1½ teaspoons almond extract.