- 2 cans (15 ounces each) peas (undrained)
- 1 cup nonfat or 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken or vegetable bouillon
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
In a medium saucepan, heat peas with liquid over medium heat. As the peas warm, mash to desired consistency with a fork or potato masher.
Stir in milk, bouillon, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper, if desired. Simmer for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
For a smoother soup, combine peas with liquid and milk in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, then add to saucepan.
Try fresh onion for extra flavor! Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in the saucepan over medium heat. Add 3/4 cup chopped fresh onion. Cook until onion is soft then add peas with liquid.