- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce, no salt added
- 1 frozen or refrigerated whole wheat pizza shell, or whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 cup carrot slices
- ½ cup bell pepper (red or green) thinly sliced
- ½ cup sliced mushroom (fresh or canned)
- 6 ounces part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Mix together ingredients for sauce in a small bowl.
3. Put pizza on baking sheet
4. Spoon sauce on pizza shell/dough.
5. Arrange vegetables over sauce. Sprinkle on the cheese.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese and crust is golden brown.
7. When baked, cool pizza for 5 minutes before slicing. Cut into 8 wedges.
• Add your favorite vegetables for extra toppings