Salad with Chicken and Mandarin Oranges
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) salad greens or 6 cups of other lettuce
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, rinsed
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 package (6 ounces) snow peas, sliced diagonally
- 2 cups cooked boneless chicken meat, shredded
Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
Toss greens, carrot, onion and cilantro with dressing.
Drain mandarin oranges and water chestnuts, then add to salad.
Add snow peas and chicken; mix lightly.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Sprinkle with chopped, dry roasted peanuts