- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1⁄4 cup fine chopped green or red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or craisins
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted cashews or sunflower seeds
- ORIENTAL DRESSING
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon honey or sugar
Combine carrots, peppers, raisins and sunflower seeds in a bowl.
Combine orange juice, vegetable oil, soy sauce, ground ginger, garlic powder and honey or sugar in a jar. Cover and shake to blend.
Add the oriental salad dressing or your favorite salad dressing. Stir to blend.
Refrigerate for a few hours to blend flavors.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old. Recipe adapted from Nutrition Matters.