- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen asian style vegetables, or 1 pound fresh vegetables
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 4 cloves of garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or hot sauce (optional)
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). Add eggs and scramble. Remove cooked eggs and set aside.
Add small amount of water to pan and cook vegetables until tender crisp.
Add cooked rice, garlic powder and ground ginger and stir to heat through, breaking up lumps by pressing against pan.
Add cooked chicken and cook until heated.
Add green onions and cooked egg, and heat through.
Serve with soy sauce or hot sauce.
Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Use leftover ham or pork in place of chicken.
Use brown rice to include whole grains.